Skip to main content

Marriage – the union

We have often heard that marriages are made in heaven and they are the union of two souls etc. etc. But my question to myself is “Is it really so?”.... I disbelieve or rather contradict the statement of Marriages made in heaven or they being the union of two souls.
Marriage in my understanding is a union of two different worlds. Let me explain....
The groom’s side and the bride’s side even if they belong to same caste, community , religion, region etc. no matter how many similarities they possess, there always exists a difference in attitudes, behavior, motives, etc. among the two uniting families. So I simply put it as a union of two different worlds. There is always a belief that the bride has to adjust with the groom’s family, but along with it, also is seen the reverse. In order to make the bride comfortable, the groom is usually seen adapting with the in-laws. So the bride as well as the groom; both with equal amount of efforts, try to adapt to each other’s world.
Even the families adapt to each other’s behavior.  The first few meetings, rather I should say, all the meetings before the marriage and a few meetings after that the behavior of both the sides is usually very neutral. Both sides want to make each other feel comfortable and behave in a much polished manner. I do not say that they fake their behaviors, but they usually reflect their best side.
And later, ....... it is like eating Punjabi samosa with Coconut chutney. It tastes all the more better.
Both worlds get to know each other, they share their experiences, feelings, beliefs and many more things. There would be some conflicts but also a lot more love among them. And a lot of advice to the nuptials.
If we talk about the union of two souls, there are many such examples in the world and also in the Indian perspective wherein the outcome of such a union has not been very fruitful. I think the statement is self explanatory. Whereas, there are many more to prove this statement wrong.
I believe that, yes it is a union of two souls. When two very different people decide to spend their life together, to support and love each other forever, then that is the first sign which shows that two parts of a magnet will always attract each other in the right manner. The argument which arises here is; then what is wrong with those marriages which are dependent on compromise or do not last long. My answer to them is, these are not marriages; but are simple, mutually beneficial and symbiotic relationship between two individuals, who often separate or compromise when they feel their need or want is not being fulfilled in the right manner. Be it emotional, financial or physical need. Marriage as said earlier being a union of two soul is more than just a symbiotic relation. It is a decision to be together, without any benefits, wants or conditions attached. No hidden or latent conditions either.
There is no force, no compulsion, no age restriction in a marriage.
It is a common scenario that girls and now a days even guys are getting married because of a simple reason   i.e.  “Age”. I mean, what the f**k, what if the person whom he or she is being tied up to is not the proper  match. Then life would be just a compromise. Also a common scenario is, girls seeking for guys with fat salaries, big degrees, secured job etc. etc. So what do you think you are doing, an investment. Being rational is not bad, everyone has the right to think about his or her own future. But, HELLO, marriage is not the share market, wherein you analyze the company's balance sheets, PE ratio etc. etc. and then decide.
Why the hell do you want to secure your future at the cost of your spouse. Why the hell can't you secure your future on your own and let marriage happen without any condition. I have seen things like, a BA pass girl, seeking for MBA or CA boy, and then also getting married to one, only to secure her future. Where is the love in that? And by the way madam, why can’t you secure your future, on your own?
Even worse is guys getting big degrees, only for huge dowry and good girl as an additional feature. Mind it girl or the wife merely being an additional feature. You want money, you have the degree, why can’t you work hard and earn it on your own? Why do you want to loot the poor girl’s father.
Marriage in these cases is no marriage, but merely an investment on life. Like a fixed deposits or a mutual fund, with guaranteed returns.
The definition of marriage is merely, no conditions attached. You don’t get married, merely because, you suck in life right , then why not get some support and a lead a better life.
Real marriages are made in heaven and they are really a union of two souls. It is also about taking the entire family- the two worlds together.
When you realize that there is someone with whom you want to be with, but there is no reason that you should be with him or her….. then that is the sign …. Marriage is on cards for you.

By,
Vikas Yadav.

Comments

Chandni said…
Great one.. Loved it..
Its jst soooo true..
But hard to belive that a MAN can also think this way..

Popular posts from this blog

Orange City – Revelation.

Yes! I am back to my original self. I have again started talking to myself. This is my third trip to Nagpur (the orange city). This time my mother has asked me to get Nagpur’s famous Orange Barfi (sweetmeat)and like always I was too busy with my work and after work I wanted sometime to relax back in my hotel room. The hotel I usually stay is Dwarka at Sitabuldi, Nagpur. Looks absolutely shady! But what to do, I am here only for a day. (Thankfully not night). But I remember, Last month  I had to spend a night at Nagpur, coz. I didn’t have train reservation for Raipur nor could find any buses to Raipur, thanks to the threat from Naxal’s, many buses from Nagpur to Raipur have been terminated. The night experience was not so bad, had a pleasant sleep but next day I had to travel from Nagpur to Jabalpur via Bus. They said it takes 4 hrs in a Volvo Bus service, but mind it, it took the entire day. At the end of the journey, I was dizzy enough to puke. But yeah that was last month.

Waking Up to life

Today, when I woke up, the first thing that came to my mind was....BREAKFAST..What would have Mom made for breakfast, had a deep urge of having "poha" (Spicy rice flakes with onion and potato pieces). Completed my daily routine, at full luxury (as on weekdays, I have to do everything in a hurry..reason; new reporting time in office 8:00AM, since 25th November 2009 .my 24th Birthday - should have been a day of new beginning, I mean new time of beginning for me.. lol).  Climbing down the steps from my room, I heard my dad say,"Why waste so much money, this time of the year there is not much income." this was about the celebrating my birthday, I had postponed the celebration to today evening as my sister was in Goa on 25th Nov. My Mom saw me hearing that an quickly responded to me saying that, Dad's health is not great to go out for dinner, so lets just cook your favourite Biryani, Tandoori Chicken and some kebabs at home. I responded immediately that because o

Yet Another Come Back

Breathing a brand new air, in a country which I call "The End of the World" - New Zealand. Last year along with my wife, I arrived in this piece of land with plenty of anxiety and fear in mind. This was my big ticket to start up from scratch and make it large (I know , I sound Filmy now !! but can't help it). At that time my fear was greater than my excitement.  Many people say, when in fear of the unknown, do not worry ... everything will fall into place. I just hope that, the same happens in my case as well.  I have been in relation with my wife from past 8 years and when we started living together, both of us had our own set of inhibitions. First biggest ice-breaker was that we thought we knew everything about each other, each other's likes and dislikes but sadly we were mistaken. In these 8 months, we have learnt a lot about living together. Major realisations about each other came our way. It seemed like we had missed the target by miles apart. So