Skip to main content

Yet Another Come Back


Breathing a brand new air, in a country which I call "The End of the World" - New Zealand. Last year along with my wife, I arrived in this piece of land with plenty of anxiety and fear in mind. This was my big ticket to start up from scratch and make it large (I know , I sound Filmy now !! but can't help it). At that time my fear was greater than my excitement. 

Many people say, when in fear of the unknown, do not worry ... everything will fall into place. I just hope that, the same happens in my case as well. 

I have been in relation with my wife from past 8 years and when we started living together, both of us had our own set of inhibitions. First biggest ice-breaker was that we thought we knew everything about each other, each other's likes and dislikes but sadly we were mistaken. In these 8 months, we have learnt a lot about living together. Major realisations about each other came our way. It seemed like we had missed the target by miles apart.

Some of the things;
1. I realised that she loves watching wild life documentaries... which I thought , I was the only nerd in the entire family who would engross himself in this boring schedule. She also likes watching event documentaries.

2. She realised that I like watching Tamil Movies, despite of the absence of sub-titles...Though I do not follow the movie, dailogue by dialogue,  but yes I roughly understand the story and the characters. Also the central idea of the film.

3. I realised that she is an amazingly good and a fast cook. She can cook Rice, Dal, Veges, Rasam and some other side dish... flat within 45 minutes.. ready to eat. She is the Cheetah....

4. She realised that I am the Leopard. Silent Stalker, the underdog... I take a hell lot of time to cook a single dal... but the dish is always a Killer...

 (This is the impact of continuously watching wild life documentary)

5. I always knew she could multi -task... but never knew that she could do it so well, in fact I never knew any body doing multi-tasking so well.

6. She always knew I was a good thinker, but realised that I am an exhaustively slow thinker.... By the time I reply, she would already lost her cool....Lol...

These are just a few things, there are plenty of things you realize after you share your life with each other.

Comments

Viyoma said…
Point 3 : No doubt abt her Cooking Skills – My Grandma use to rave about Preeti assisting her Mom in Kitchen.

There was a time, when Preeti had started cooking – and i didn’t even know, what goes into making a Tea.

Popular posts from this blog

Orange City – Revelation.

Yes! I am back to my original self. I have again started talking to myself. This is my third trip to Nagpur (the orange city). This time my mother has asked me to get Nagpur’s famous Orange Barfi (sweetmeat)and like always I was too busy with my work and after work I wanted sometime to relax back in my hotel room. The hotel I usually stay is Dwarka at Sitabuldi, Nagpur. Looks absolutely shady! But what to do, I am here only for a day. (Thankfully not night). But I remember, Last month  I had to spend a night at Nagpur, coz. I didn’t have train reservation for Raipur nor could find any buses to Raipur, thanks to the threat from Naxal’s, many buses from Nagpur to Raipur have been terminated. The night experience was not so bad, had a pleasant sleep but next day I had to travel from Nagpur to Jabalpur via Bus. They said it takes 4 hrs in a Volvo Bus service, but mind it, it took the entire day. At the end of the journey, I was dizzy enough to puke. But yeah that was last month.

Waking Up to life

Today, when I woke up, the first thing that came to my mind was....BREAKFAST..What would have Mom made for breakfast, had a deep urge of having "poha" (Spicy rice flakes with onion and potato pieces). Completed my daily routine, at full luxury (as on weekdays, I have to do everything in a hurry..reason; new reporting time in office 8:00AM, since 25th November 2009 .my 24th Birthday - should have been a day of new beginning, I mean new time of beginning for me.. lol).  Climbing down the steps from my room, I heard my dad say,"Why waste so much money, this time of the year there is not much income." this was about the celebrating my birthday, I had postponed the celebration to today evening as my sister was in Goa on 25th Nov. My Mom saw me hearing that an quickly responded to me saying that, Dad's health is not great to go out for dinner, so lets just cook your favourite Biryani, Tandoori Chicken and some kebabs at home. I responded immediately that because o