Skip to main content

Waking Up to life

Today, when I woke up, the first thing that came to my mind was....BREAKFAST..What would have Mom made for breakfast, had a deep urge of having "poha" (Spicy rice flakes with onion and potato pieces). Completed my daily routine, at full luxury (as on weekdays, I have to do everything in a hurry..reason; new reporting time in office 8:00AM, since 25th November 2009 .my 24th Birthday - should have been a day of new beginning, I mean new time of beginning for me.. lol). 
Climbing down the steps from my room, I heard my dad say,"Why waste so much money, this time of the year there is not much income." this was about the celebrating my birthday, I had postponed the celebration to today evening as my sister was in Goa on 25th Nov. My Mom saw me hearing that an quickly responded to me saying that, Dad's health is not great to go out for dinner, so lets just cook your favourite Biryani, Tandoori Chicken and some kebabs at home. I responded immediately that because of last night's dinner, my stomach is upset, so lets something simple for dinner not too spicy. She identified that I had felt bad, she insisted that I should go and bring the ingredients and she will cook a nice dinner.
The point that I would like to make over here is, despite of having very less money in hand, she knows how to manage the expenses and still make a celebration. From this I was recalled the first lecture of Prof. Neelkantan, 1st Year, BMS, SIES college.. He asked us, who do you think is the greatest manager of all times ? and we like dumb wannabe management graduates answered with names of corporate bigwigs. The answer was simple "Mother".
No matter how well learned you are, no matter how many degrees you have, no matter what scale of operation that you handle.... You can never be as efficient a your mother. She will handle you on all fronts, emotional as well as practical. She will not only safeguard your interests but also make sure that you will not have a negative feeling about your elders..including the father.
I always fail to understand, why can Men never become as efficient as Women (i.e. Mothers)

Al most forgot one thing... I had cheese sandwiches for my breakfast... better than the "poha"...
reason :- rice flakes out of stock at home....
But i like cheese sandwiches more than "poha".. my mom's cheese sandwiches are awesome..

Vikas Yadav

Comments

Preeti said…
Thats sooo true!!! Knowing Lalita Aunty she is the symbol of Simplicity & Modesty... A very very Loving & Caring person...She's my best friends mother but i feel inspite of the age difference she's one of my closest friends...
Preeti said…
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Vikas Yadav said…
@Preeti --I know, you are one the major reasons or say the only reason, as to why I am so close to my mom !!!.. So to say that I have realised that I am close to my Mom...

Popular posts from this blog

Orange City – Revelation.

Yes! I am back to my original self. I have again started talking to myself. This is my third trip to Nagpur (the orange city). This time my mother has asked me to get Nagpur’s famous Orange Barfi (sweetmeat)and like always I was too busy with my work and after work I wanted sometime to relax back in my hotel room. The hotel I usually stay is Dwarka at Sitabuldi, Nagpur. Looks absolutely shady! But what to do, I am here only for a day. (Thankfully not night). But I remember, Last month  I had to spend a night at Nagpur, coz. I didn’t have train reservation for Raipur nor could find any buses to Raipur, thanks to the threat from Naxal’s, many buses from Nagpur to Raipur have been terminated. The night experience was not so bad, had a pleasant sleep but next day I had to travel from Nagpur to Jabalpur via Bus. They said it takes 4 hrs in a Volvo Bus service, but mind it, it took the entire day. At the end of the journey, I was dizzy enough to puke. But yeah that was last month.

Yet Another Come Back

Breathing a brand new air, in a country which I call "The End of the World" - New Zealand. Last year along with my wife, I arrived in this piece of land with plenty of anxiety and fear in mind. This was my big ticket to start up from scratch and make it large (I know , I sound Filmy now !! but can't help it). At that time my fear was greater than my excitement.  Many people say, when in fear of the unknown, do not worry ... everything will fall into place. I just hope that, the same happens in my case as well.  I have been in relation with my wife from past 8 years and when we started living together, both of us had our own set of inhibitions. First biggest ice-breaker was that we thought we knew everything about each other, each other's likes and dislikes but sadly we were mistaken. In these 8 months, we have learnt a lot about living together. Major realisations about each other came our way. It seemed like we had missed the target by miles apart. So